|Size||9.5 x 12.25 x 3 in.|
- An exquisitely crafted volume, very practical and with reinforced binding
- Elegantly laid out in typescript that is both beautiful and extremely readable
- More than 130 reproductions of sacred art: paintings, drawings, woodcuts and engravings
- A work of art in itself that answers Pope Benedict XVI’s call to pray in beauty: "Beauty is not mere decoration, but rather an essential element of the liturgical action, since it is an attribute of God himself and his revelation."
- 1312 pages in Primalux Ivory Bible paper (60 gsm)
- 192 pages in reinforced Favini Ivory paper (120 gsm) for the Order of Mass
- 64 pages in Satin Fedrigoni paper for full-color art reproductions
- Double-gilded pages (gold on a red carmine primer)
- Black and liturgical red text throughout
- Cardinal red cover made of Spanish leather
- Gold-embossed foil stamp on the cover and spine, representing the Eucharistic Christ
- Hand-made cloth-joint endsheets, with regal red and gold marbled finish
- Smyth sewn and bound, with double-layer lining (Rosso Scuro endsheet lining, Tasmania ivory lining for interior binding)
- Custom-made spine, reinforced with durable Kraft paper for inside cover
Ribbon Markers and Tabs
- 5 satin ribbon markers (1/3 in. wide x 18 in. long) of different colors (purple, red, green, blue, and white)
- 24 leather tabs (14 gold-stamped and 10 blank ones), 8 already affixed
- Carefully selected masterpieces of sacred art inform the Missal with a rich mystagogy of the Catholic faith through the centuries. These stunning works of art adorn the beginning of each section of the Missal and mark all the solemnities and major feast days celebrated during the liturgical year.
- 64 pages of four-color artwork
- More than 80 full-page one-color drawings, engravings, and woodcuts
Officially approved by ICEL and the USCCB
Shipped individually in elegant, protective pouches
This edition of the Roman Missal contains the Propers for the United States of America.